MBA Weekly Lawyer Employment BulletinAdvertising Information
LAST UPDATED: August 19, 2016Director of Diversity & Inclusion
The Oregon State Bar is looking to fill the position that will provide leadership and oversight for the OSB's initiatives and programs to advance diversity and inclusion within the legal profession. If this position speaks to your passion and experience, we encourage you to apply.
August 16, 2016
Sussman Shank LLP
Is seeking a full-time associate for its Commercial Litigation practice. Applicants should have three to five years of experience in commercial litigation and preferably experience with complex litigation. Outstanding written and oral advocacy skills required, as well as strong academic credentials and an Oregon State Bar membership. Please send resume and cover letter in confidence to Steven T. Seguin, COO. Visit Sussman Shank's website for more information on the firm and its attorneys at www.sussmanshank.com. Equal Opportunity Employer.
August 3, 2016
Experienced Litigation Associate
Cosgrave Vergeer Kester LLP is currently seeking an experienced associate attorney for the practice area of trucking and motor transportation, including cases involving injury and death claims.
The candidate will work closely with partners on matters relation to transportation litigation. Responsibilities include: drafting pleadings; researching, drafting, and arguing motions; appearing at court conferences; preparing discovery requests, responses, and objections; taking and defending depositions; and preparing for and attending mediations and trial. The candidate should have five or more years of relevant litigation experience, including the above-described responsibilities. Strong academic and professional credentials are essential. Oregon bar admission is required. Admission to Washington bar is a plus.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly-regarded, well-established Portland law firm with solid roots in the Northwest. Our 40-attorney firm is dedicated to exceptional responsiveness and highly effective advocacy on behalf of our clients, who range from individuals and small business owners, to national and international corporations. We offer a unique opportunity for professional development in a collegial work environment among several of Oregon's finest trial, appellate, and business lawyers.
Cosgrave Vergeer Kester LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants and strive to provide a workplace in which all employees are included, respected, and valued. Qualified applicants submit each of the following documents through our website:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample (5-7 pages)
- Law school transcript
Documents may be uploaded in Word or PDF format on the website. Applications must include all documents for full consideration. All inquiries will be handled confidentially. Interviews will begin the week of August 15th.
July 19, 2016
Pacific Continental Bank
For 17 consecutive years, employees have voted Pacific Continental Bank as one of the top employers to work for in Oregon. Pacific Continental Bank is known for its commitment to its clients, employees and the community.
Pacific Continental Bank is seeking an associate general counsel to join its legal department in Greater Eugene.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide legal advice and work product to all areas of the bank in support of defined strategies and their implementation. Ability to travel is required.
- Represent or coordinate representation by outside counsel, in litigation, administrative proceedings or other legal proceedings.
- Provide advice to Credit Administration with respect to workouts, liquidations, bankruptcies, collections, foreclosures and other loan-related litigation, and represent or coordinate representation by outside counsel in such matters.
- Provide support to Loan Operations on matters pertaining to loan transaction documentation, collateral perfection and legal risk.
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts on behalf of the Bank and provide support to the vendor management function.
- JD degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of five years of experience as a practicing attorney in Oregon and/or Washington and preferably in the area of commercial transactions, creditors' rights and corporate law.
- Admission to the Oregon and/or Washington state and federal bars.
- Experience with commercial lending law and previous banking experience a plus.
- Ability to be self-sufficient without support from a legal assistant or paralegal.
- Effective communication skills with a varied audience, both verbal and written, as well as presentation skills.
- Possess solid business judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
The position requires a significant amount of time spent on a computer, which requires the ability to make repetitive hand/wrist movements. Additionally, one may sit for extended periods.
We offer an award-winning culture that supports employee development, a competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a great benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, sick time, and paid volunteer time, plus a 401(k) plan with a generous profit-share matching program and a variety of training opportunities.
At Pacific Continental Bank, we support each other and our clients by building relationships, living our values and working with HEART. If you want to work for a financial institution that offers a dynamic work environment with an award-winning culture and that is committed to supporting our community, Pacific Continental is THE RIGHT BANK FOR YOU.
To apply, please submit resume and application at therightbank.com/careers, requisition 16-0042.
July 18, 2016
Experienced Litigation Paralegal
Cosgrave Vergeer Kester has an immediate opening for a litigation paralegal to play a significant role in managing a busy litigation practice. The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least three successive, full time years of experience as a litigation paralegal. Work may include personal injury, professional and/or premises liability, and construction practice areas.
- Have experience providing trial support.
- Be highly organized, with demonstrated ability to efficiently manage discovery, preparation of exhibits for depositions and trial, interview witnesses, schedule witnesses and experts, issue subpoenas, review and summarize medical and employment records.
- Requires ability to conduct background research using various internet tools, including social media sites.
- Have advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint software. Knowledge of ProLaw desirable.
- Be an energetic self-starter who is able to prioritize and keep track of details in multiple cases, calendars and deadlines.
- Be familiar with Oregon and Washington rules.
- Our office is currently converting to using case management software in the regular course of case management, and any experience with case management programs such as Case Logistix, Relativity, and/or iPro Eclypse a definite plus.
You will work closely with partners and associates to: prepare and respond to discovery requests, including review for privilege, redaction and bates labeling of documents; review and analyze medical records with preparation of comprehensive medical summaries; conduct factual and background investigation through use of internet tools and social media; perform document management and analysis; interview witnesses; and prepare for trial and arbitration. Your excellent written and oral skills, combined with a good sense of humor and intellectual curiosity, will contribute to your success on this busy team. Position requires ability to quickly solve problems as they arise.
Paralegal certification or college degree preferred; equivalent work experience and training may be substituted.
Schedule is 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. with additional hours required at times.
If you meet all of the above qualifications, complete an application and upload your resume and cover letter through our website at http://cosgravelaw.com/careers.
We offer a fast paced, team-oriented work environment with competitive compensation, professional development support and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, 401k, paid vacation and more.
Cosgrave Vergeer Kester LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants and strive to provide a workplace in which all employees feel included, respected and valued. Cosgrave Vergeer Kester LLP will provide reasonable accommodation to complete the online application consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please call 503.323.9000 and ask to speak with the human resources representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job is open until filled. All inquiries will be handled confidentially.
July 11, 2016
Abbott Law Group, P.C.
A small civil litigation firm in downtown Portland with an emphasis on insurance defense and insurance coverage work is seeking a litigation associate with 1-3 years' experience in a civil litigation practice. This attorney will actively assist shareholders in all aspects of litigation and will have the opportunity to develop his or her own client base, and pursue areas of law that are of particular interest to them. Candidates should have excellent analytical, writing and communication skills and be willing to work in a team environment. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Klarice Benn via email at email@example.com.
General Practice Downtown Firm
Seeks experienced (five+ years) attorney with portable book of business ambitious for further growth. Superior analytical and verbal skills, competitive spirit, commitment to deadlines and strong work ethic with an entrepreneurial spirit are essential. Send cover letter, resume, references and writing sample to: Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org.