Pro Bono Service Updates
Whether you're an attorney looking to volunteer, or a law firm looking to start a pro bono program at your office, there are more opportunities to fulfill our pro bono aspirational standard than ever before.
1. Attorneys can now get CLE credits for pro bono service.
- Earn 1 CLE credit for every 2 hours of pro bono service, up to 6 credits per reporting period.
- For details see MCLE Rules 5 and 6 (2017).
2. Individuals looking to volunteer have new opportunities to do pro bono!
- There are pro bono opportunities even if you are PLF-exempt.
- The need for pro bono service exists in many areas of law, like Housing, Employment, Immigration, Tax, Civil Rights, Business, and Elder Law.
- For a comprehensive list of pro bono opportunities, go to https://www.osbar.org/probono/substantive.html (updated May 2017!)
3. Firms looking to start a pro bono program can take advantage of ready made prototypes.
Vew All Articles