Solo & Small Firm Workshop: Avoiding the Traps that Trip up Small Businesses
Free for members | $30 for non-members
Join Sonia Montalbano, McKean Smith LLC for this informative workshop. Many small firms value the camaraderie and friendship that being small fosters; how can you maintain that culture without jeopardizing your practice? Sonia will discuss the following topics:
- What everyone who works with only one or two staff members should know before hiring.
- Issues to consider when firm owners and staff treat each other more like friends/family.
- How important is an employee manual? Key things every employee manual should absolutely have.
- What a small firm owner should do when an employee dynamic becomes toxic/dysfunctional?
- When someone needs to take leave, how should a small firm support that?
- Common things smaller law offices get sued for, and how to avoid those issues.
- Resources available to small firms.
The MBA will apply for 1 hour OSB MCLE credit