Free Lunch and Learn CLE: Procedural Justice and the New Courthouse
Presiding Judge Hon. Nan Waller, Chief Family Law Judge Hon. Maureen McKnight and attorney Joe Franco of Holland & Knight LLP will present on the Multnomah County Court's procedural justice initiatives, and the ways the new courthouse was designed to enhance procedural justice. Topics will include:
- Ways to narrow the gap between judicial and public perceptions of procedural justice;
- Challenges to overcome in improving the public's perception of procedural justice, including ways to improve the experience of the self-represented litigant;
- Why considerations of procedural justice should be important to all lawyers who interact with the courthouse;
- How a focus on procedural justice can improve your effectiveness as a lawyer; and
- Aspects of the new courthouse that were planned with procedural justice in mind, including the Court's initiative to create a legal resource center in the new courthouse.
There is no charge to attend. RSVP to Pamela Hubbs.