OMLA - The IMAGE Program - Inspiring Minority Attorneys Toward Growth & Excellence
"Inspiring Minority Attorneys Toward Growth and Excellence"
The Oregon Minority Lawyers Association is pleased to introduce The Image Program - "Inspiring Minority Attorneys Toward Growth and Excellence" - a retention program designed to build skills, network and leadership for racial and ethnic minority attorneys as they begin their legal careers in Oregon.
Who Should Attend
This program is for you if you are:
- a self-identified racial or ethnic minority attorney;
- admitted to the Oregon State Bar; and
- within your first three years of law practice in Oregon.
Goals of the Program
- Help prepare racial and ethnic minority attorneys new to the Oregon legal community for the culture of their particular employment setting and the legal profession generally.
- Teach survival skills for entering and excelling in the profession as diverse lawyers.
- Provide a safe space for new attorneys to ask questions, share concerns and discuss unique issues faced by racial and ethnic minority attorneys.
- Build a support network for racial and ethnic minority attorneys with their peers as they start the practice of law in Oregon.
- Introduce lawyers to ways to develop leadership skills to cultivate the next generation of racial and ethnic minority leaders.
- Increase retention of racial and ethnic minority attorneys practicing in Oregon.
Create a legal community that better reflects the diversity of the community at large.
Space is limited! Registration is on a first come, first served basis with geographic exceptions for participants outside the Portland-Salem-Metro area.
Register Online at https://ormla.ejoinme.org/IMAGE.
Thank You To Our Generous Sponsors!