How to Win Your Next Mediation
Strategies for Effective Advocacy
$60 for MBA members | $95 non-members
Mediation is often your client's "day-in-court." If this is true, then effective advocacy in mediation is critical to serving your client's interests. The strategies required for mediation can differ from trial advocacy. Mediation issues to consider that can make or break your case include:
- Should I even mediate and, if so, when?
- What kind of mediator and process - facilitative or evaluative?
- What should be in the mediation statement?
- What information should I disclose to my opponent?
- Who should attend the mediation?
- What case evaluation should I provide to the client?
- Should I worry about biases and emotions?
- What mediation ethics to know?
Join speakers Hon. Jean Kerr Maurer, retired Multnomah County Circuit Court judge and Richard Vangelisti, Vangelisti LLC for a lively discussion of strategies for "winning" your next mediation.
For more information: Contact the MBA at 503.222.3275
Date & Time
Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 3:00pm-5:00pm
World Trade Center, Mezzanine Room, 26 SW Salmon,