Child Abuse Reporting 2014
Date: Wednesday, November 5th 2014
Location: World Trade Center Auditorium, Building 2, 26 SW Salmon, Portland
Credit Type(s): Child Abuse Reporting
Note: Worth one hour of child abuse reporting MCLE credit
The MBA presents its annual seminar on child abuse reporting requirements. This program is intended to help lawyers meet their legal responsibilities as mandatory reporters, while maintaining their ethical obligations to clients. Questions to be addressed include the following:
- What are the reporting requirements?
- How do I recognize reportable child abuse?
- What is it that I'm really supposed to do?
- What happens if I make a report of abuse?
- What happens if I don't report when I should have?
Amber Hollister, Deputy General Counsel of the OSB, and Joe O'Leary, Deputy Director of the Oregon Youth Authority will present a lively and practical discussion of the issues.