Resolving Discovery Disputes
Discovery disputes can be time-consuming and expensive to resolve. Fortunately, many of them are also unnecessary.
This class will provide young attorneys with tips and strategies for resolving discovery disputes informally, as well as through motion practice. Multnomah County Chief Civil Court Judge Stephen K. Bushong will provide the court's perspective on discovery motion practice. Attendees will also hear from experienced trial attorneys Dean Heiling of Heiling Dwyer and Eric E. Meyer of Elkins, Zipse & Mitchell, who will share their views from the plaintiff's and defendant's perspectives.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Standards of professionalism in discovery disputes;
- The Multnomah County Circuit Court's Civil Motions Panel's Statement of Consensus on common discovery disputes;
- Compliance with conferral requirements under UTCR 5.010;
- Common mistakes and tactics to avoid;
- How to effectively brief and argue discovery motions.
Date & Time
Thursday, March 23, 2017, 3:00pm-4:30pm
Kells Irish Restaurant and Pub, 112 SW 2nd Ave, Po