Covering deposition and trial preparation, this CLE highlights the shortcomings of traditional approaches used and advice given in the preparation of key witnesses and provides a detailed "how to" guide for more effective preparation sessions. Panelists, Jill Schmid, Ph.D., Partner and Senior Litigation Consultant, Sound Jury Consulting and Joe Arellano, Partner, Kennedy Watts Arellano LLP will address:
· the use of role-playing and video feedback
· overcoming barriers to effective communication (centering on the "problem" or "difficult" witness)
· the importance of and how to instill confidence and control in your witness
· how jurors assess witness credibility, and
· the impact of verbal and nonverbal behavior on the overall credibility of the witness's testimony.
A mock preparation session will demonstrate some of the "do's" and "don'ts."
For more information: Call Seth Row, Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP at 503.205.2318. For registration questions, call the MBA at 503.222.3275.