Sexual Assault Claims
Issue Spotting for the General Practitioner
$60 for MBA members | $95 non-members
This CLE will provide a basic primer on several of the key issues when attorneys are faced with potential clients who have been sexually assaulted, including:
- safety planning for survivors;
- how to appropriately interview a trauma survivor;
- pros and cons of reporting to law enforcement;
- an overview of civil remedies available to survivors; and
- the effect of a sexual assault claim on a client's other legal matters.
This CLE is intended as an introductory guide to help general practitioner attorneys feel more comfortable issue spotting and responding appropriately when approached by a potential client or inquiry from someone who has suffered a sexual assault. Our panelists are McKenzie Harker, staff attorney at Victims Rights Law Center; Barbara C. Long, partner at Vogt & Long PC; and Ashley Vaughn, attorney at the Dumas Law Group.
Date & Time
Tuesday, November 06, 2018, 3:00pm-5:00pm
World Trade Center, Mezzanine Room, 26 SW Salmon,